[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 602
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-06-03 02:46:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Undefined reference to 'smf......'

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Denis Dowling wrote:
> Hi I am trying to compile milter-ahead 0.9 but receive the following
> error during the make build process.
>
> [root@ns1 milter-ahead]# make build gcc -DMILTER_BUILD=`cat
> BUILD_ID.TXT` -DMILTER_BUILD_STRING='"'`cat BUILD_ID.TXT`'"' \
> -D_REENTRANT -g -I./../../include  -L./../../lib  -o milter-ahead
> milter-ahead.c -lsnert -ldb-4.2 -lrt -lpam -lpthread

-lmilter is missing from the build line. I would guess that libmilter
was not found by libsnert.

> /tmp/ccE6ei2I.o(.text+0xe): In function `printline':
> /usr/src/com/snert/src/milter-ahead/milter-ahead.c:226: undefined
> reference to `smfLogDetail'

Any errors relating to smf functions would indicated that libsnert was
not properly built such that it did not detect libmilter headers nor the
  library. Redo the libsnert configuration and build. Make sure it
reports that libmilter was found.

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure
	make clean build
	cd ../milter-ahead
	./configure

If the error persists, please send the config.log for libsnert.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

new moon on high / jasmine on the breeze / quiet twilight

Lists Index Date Thread Search