[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 595
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-06-02 16:40:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Gris issue

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Bedard, Joe wrote:
> The Milter-Gris process was crashing unceremoniously.
> I found this in the logs.
>
> Jun  2 11:00:01 moya milter-gris[24352]: "/etc/mail/access.db" failed
> verification: Permission denied Jun  2 11:00:01 moya milter-gris[24352]:
> failed to re-open "/etc/mail/access.db"

What is the group owner and permissions on access.db? If its smmsp,
which I used with some prior release, that was changed in the latest
release because people wanted finer separation of process, so I created
a milter user and group.

Make sure access.db is group readable. See the Notes section of
manual.shtml for details

You can revert to the old user/group with:

	cd com/snert/src/milter-gris
	./configure --enable-run-user=smmsp --enable-run-group=smmsp
	make clean build
	make install
	milter-gris

However, the make install step should have taken care of creating milter
user and group and adding the mitler user to the smmsp group so that it
could read the access.db.

> My access.db and file permissions are good.  I have to delete the .pid
> file to restart the process.

This was a design choice I wasn't too sure about. The pid file is used
to detect if an instance is currently running and abort. Of course if
the milter dies, the pid file remains and needs to be removed.

I've added a Trouble Ticket enhancement request to detect the pid file
and see if that pid is still alive (ie. in use).

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

new moon on high / jasmine on the breeze / quiet twilight

Lists Index Date Thread Search