[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 575
From: Spicer, Kevin
Date: 2005-05-26 13:54:07 -0400
Subject: Problem with milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with milter-ahead 0.8.65...

We have a number of mail accounts that have addresses beginning with +
(these are typically mail groups) ie, the format
+Mail_Group@mydomain.com

Milter Sender generates the error "553 5.1.0 cannot deliver to null
address" for these addresses.

Below is a portion of log tracking this issue - I've changed the exact
email address to protect the real account from spambots and removed my
internal server name but the log is otherwise intact.  I believe the
issue is with the localleft and localright part splitting on the +
rather than the @.

Because the source code isn't available on the site at present and I
deleted the copy I had (during a mad moment of tidiness) I've been
unable to look at the source to see exactly what is going on.

May 26 18:01:25 mx1 milter-ahead[1096]: 00001 j4QH0sGo001198:
RCPT='<+Support_Canada@mydomain.com>'
rcpt_addr='+Support_Canada@mydomain.com' rcpt_host='[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]'
rcpt_mailer='smtp'
May 26 18:01:25 mx1 milter-ahead[1096]: 00001 j4QH0sGo001198:
address='+Support_Canada@mydomain.com' localleft=''
localright='support_canada' domain='mydomain.com'
May 26 18:01:25 mx1 sendmail[1198]: j4QH0sGo001198: Milter:
to=<+Support_Canada@mydomain.com>, reject=553 5.1.0 cannot deliver to
null address

Thanks in advance

Kevin

--

KMR Group, KMR Software and BMRB have moved offices.
Our new address is:

Ealing Gateway
26-30 Uxbridge Road
Ealing
London
W5 2BP

t: 020 8433 4000
f: 020 8433 4001

All direct line numbers remain unchanged

BMRB
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.

Lists Index Date Thread Search