[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 560
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-05-17 17:07:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Problem (mis-configuration?) with Milter-Sender (v0.62)

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Taylor, Grant wrote:
> over 4 in 10 minutes (default grey list duration).  I have tried
> increasing the GreyListRejectCount value to 20 and was seeing people
> get the ""rejected, too many retry attempts message after 2 retry
> attempts.  Thus I thought there was a chance that Milter-Sender might

The grey list counter accumlates only during the GreyLIstBlockTime. The
only way that counter is reset is when the grey list entry expires from
the cache after CacheGreyListTTL and at the next CacheGcFrequency interval.

Try using the milter-sender/contrib/milter-cachedump.pl script (assuming
the cache is a BDB) to see what sort of counter values have been recorded.

But I think this particular test may be removed in a future release,
because of poorly configured mail servers.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

in the mist of night / by the silent sea / a siren calls - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search