[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 557
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2005-05-16 17:13:17 -0400
Subject: Problem (mis-configuration?) with Milter-Sender (v0.62) GreyListRejectCount...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi, I'm having a problem with Milter-Sender (v0.62) in the fact that I'm not able to tune
the GreyListRejectCount the way that I want to.  Namely I'm having a problem setting the
GreyListRejectCount to any value higher than a single digit, or at least that's what I
think is happening.  I've been ""fighting this problem for a while on my server
as a low priority type issue.  Well apparently others in my company have decided that it
is more important.  I left the default value of 4 (if memory serves) for a good while >
6 months.  Recently we have been getting emails from a company (university) that is
insisting on sending multiple times a minute which will easily role over 4 in 10 minutes
(default grey list duration).  I have tried increasing the GreyListRejectCount value to 20
and was seeing people get the ""rejected, too many retry attempts message after
2 retry attempts.  Thus I thought there was a chance that Milter-Sender might have only
been honoring the first digit of th

e number so I set the value to 9 in an attempt to get higher than 4, but this still is not
high enough for our needs.  Are there any known problems with the GreyListRejectCount?  If
you need any additional information please let me know.  Seeing as how my milter-sender
config is very close to default (other than the GreyListRejectCount) I have not included
it.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search