[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 556
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-05-15 03:46:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Snert Comments

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

eugene@sol.ru wrote:
>    Name: Eugene Kandlen
>   Email: eugene@sol.ru
> Comment:
> I'm using milter-sender v0.62.837 with
> lib-snert v1.40.622
>
> and milter hangs up in filterHelo when
> he got connect
> with hello
> webserver.aliscomputersupplies.com
>
> which have a recursive record:
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;webserver.aliscomputersupplies.com. IN MX
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> webserver.aliscomputersupplies.com.
> 1430 IN CNAME
> webserver.aliscomputersupplies.com.
>
> I will try to make a patch, but
> I have no enough free time

As you noted the problem is two fold:

a) the MX record should not point to a CNAME (as per RFC 1035), though
my DNS code does handle this case.

b) The reason for the hang is the CNAME points to itself and thus is
circular. My DNS code does not detect this brain dead configuration.
I'll have to modify the DNS code to detect circular references and
return an error, which milter-sender can then reject on. This fix should
appear in the next release.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

in the mist of night / by the silent sea / a siren calls - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search