[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 529
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-04-30 12:46:21 -0400
Subject: Re: new feature request

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Marc Dirix wrote:
> We're currently using both milter-sender and milter-gris on serveral
> different servers for load-balancing.

Normally I would NOT recommend using BOTH milter-sender and -gris
together, because milter-sender uses grey-listing in certain cases. This
can somethimes double the grey listing time once by milter-gris, once by
milter-sender.

> A nice feature for milter-gris would be to be able to automatically
> whitelist recepient-servers from outgoing messages. This would prevent
> milter-sender on a receiving mailserver (not in our network) from
> being delayed by greylisting when checking mail coming from our
> servers.

I wrote this stuff and I'm confused as to the sequence of events you're
describing. I'll read it again when I get home.

But milter-sender already does auto white listing of expected return
mail. I suppose I could add this to milter-gris.

> The automatically whitelisting would typically be controled by a
> seperate ip/domain set in the access db.

Huh?

If you auto-white list, the idea is to avoid having to modify access
database regularly. In milter-sender the access db as I recall has
priority over the cache, which is to say if you black/white list
something in access db, then it will be acted on before the cache is
consulted.

Anthony Howe

Lists Index Date Thread Search