[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 525
From: David Smalley
Date: 2005-04-29 08:45:29 -0400
Subject: Re: looks like a local recipient

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> First post the complete real entries or something that looks like real
> entrys, because 'x's everywhere doesn't help me distinguish from this x
> or that x.

Sorry, yes it's not terribly helpful is it, I was trying to be
security minded at the time but it doesnt make things very clear.

> The sendmail macros are NULL. Its as though sendmail failed to do any
> RCPT processing before passing the values to the milter.
>
> Make sure that FEATURE('mailertable', ....) is still present in you
> sendmail.mc and that the sendmail.cf is up to date. Like wise for the
> mailertable.db.

Okay, I admit it, I had missed an obvious thing here and hadn't
recompiled my sendmail.cf properly. I made the changes and restarted
everything and now it appears to work.

I'm new to sendmail and had previously been a postfix user. Sorry to
clog up the list with newbie problems

Thanks for your help, you did point me in the right direction.

Lists Index Date Thread Search