[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 504
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-04-15 05:42:46 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc, is it possible to make the error

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

YourShop SA Hosting wrote:
>>> Apr 14 09:05:01 gamma sm-mta[442]: j3E751iB000442: Milter
>>> (milter-spamc): error connecting to filter: Connection refused by
>>>  /var/lib/milter-spamc/socket

>>> Has anyone an idea whether it's possible to make milter-spamc
>>> less verbose in what it sends to the client ?
>>
>> I don't follow the question. Who is the client here? Do you mean
>> the connection SMTP client, the milter-spamc client of spamd, or
>> the end user recipient / customer / client receiving the message?
>

> It is the connecting SMTP client who received the above message. I
> don't like it 'cause I consider it reveals too much about the
> installation.

This is a Sendmail log message and as far as I know the client (sender)
never sees this message. This message is beyond the control of any
milter. You have to look to Sendmail for this.

If the above message is indeed being sent for a reject, then are you
using the F=T or F=R setting in the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() macro? Removing
it might silence sendmail and let the message continue to be delievered
even when milter-spamc/spamd are too busy. Otherwise, I don't know of
any other parameter for Sendmail to control this message. You'd have to
modify the sendmail source and recompile sendmail.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search