[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 501
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-04-15 04:58:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: failed to resolve]

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Oleg M. Golovanov wrote:
> I wrote in accesstable like following:
>
> To:someuser@         OK
>
> But then got something like the following in log:
> ----
> Apr 14 16:00:01 post sendmail[60005]: j3EG01IX060005: Milter:
> from=<sender@domain.com>, reject=550 5.7.1 connection [123.123.123.123]
> failed to resolve

You currently have ClientNeedsPTR=1 set. This test is done early before
the MAIL and RCPT commands have been issued, so currently the only way
to prevent it is tell the sender to implement reverse DNS for their
connecting host, white list the IP or class, or disable the test
ClientNeedsPTR=0.

Sendmail will already perform some reverse DNS checks itself and you can
write sendmail rules to apply the equivalent of the above test. This
might be what you want if you are using FEATURE(`delay_checks').
Sendmail does not apply FEATURE(`delay_checks') to milters and most of
my milters do not support this behaviour.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search