[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 477
From: Volker Stolz
Date: 2005-04-07 10:10:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-sender How to deal with servers that reject mail from: <>?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Am 04. Apr 2005 um 20:28 CEST schrieb Emery Guevremont:
> milter-sender can't verify the senders email address, because the mx for
> the domain rejects the mail from address <>.
> Here's an example of the exact log message:
>
> Milter: from=<rddi@uymail.com>, reject=550 5.7.1 MX 10
> 'uymail-com.mr.outblaze.com.' [205.158.62.177] for <rddi@uymail.com>
> rejected address saying "<>: No thank you rejected: Account Unavailable,
> Possible Forgery"

I think you are misunderstanding the error message (Anthony?).
While you get different error messages if you're using <> or a
valid sender in MAIL FROM:, the error above has nothing to do with
the remote not accepting mail from <>. The "Account Unavailable"
refers to rddi@uymail.com.

At least that's how I understand the message and what further checking of
my maillogs suggests.

Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
It's a million to one chance, but it just might work.

Lists Index Date Thread Search