[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 451
From: Barry Callahan
Date: 2005-04-01 15:56:05 -0500
Subject: Re: How to whitelist a domain in milter-sender?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

>I see a DNS error from DNS misconfiguration or lacking configuration and
>nothing caused by a milter (access_db) setup.

Normal behaviour for milter-sender when an email comes in from a user on a
machine that does not resolve via DNS is to reject the message.

What he's trying to do is override that behaviour for a select few senders.
The only way I know of that might possibly work for this milter is to make use
of the access_db.

One example of why you might wish to override this behaviour is if you have a
process on a not-publically accessible server at a remote site (assigned a
192.168 address that is NOT NAT'd on the site's firewall) that is trying to send
you status messages via email.

As for why the access_db is not being used, make sure that the 'SendmailCF'
option is specified in the milter-sender.cf file, and that it is non-empty.

Lists Index Date Thread Search