[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 435
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-31 14:02:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Disclaimer Milter

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Brian Rankin wrote:
> Thanks Anthony. Unfortunately a disclaimer is a legal requirement for the
> firm in question, so I'll have to pursue another option.

I suggest you look at the URL about stupid disclaimers. While not based
on legal fact, the comments and arguments presented do make a lot of
sense. If you think about it, email disclaimers can probably be torn to
shreds by any lawyer, will probably be ignored by most people, and won't
protect confidentiality since a wrong recipient didn't agree to the
conditions imposed before and therefore is not bound by such and can do
as they see fit with the message; and it would make your firm look foolish.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search