[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 434
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-31 13:38:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Disclaimer Milter

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>>Brian Rankin wrote:
>>
>>>Am seeking a milter to add a disclaimer on all outbound messages; is there
>>>a Snert-based milter which does this?  The only milter I've seen so far is
>>>DisclaimerMilter at
>>>http://www.ledge.co.za/software/disclaimermilter/index.php.
>

>>Anyways, as I recall, disclaimers are redundant, since as I understand
>>it there is an informational or BCP RFC that states that all email is
>>considered to be personal opinion, private, etc. And there is nothing
>>more annoying than a 20 line disclaimer (or signature) on a 2 line
>>email. If you're curious I suggest hunting through rfc-editor.org or
>>Google for it. I'm sure I saw something about this a few years ago.
>

> I second this. A good site to check for disclaimer stupidity:
>
> http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

This might be the basis for a new milter:

	milter-block-disclaimers

Either reject/discard mail that add disclaimers (I'm reading that STupid
disclaimer site and it makes an interesting point about whether a
business puts disclaimers in all their paper mail), or simiply filter
them out. They are so annoying that have zero legal worth.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search