[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 419
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-31 00:44:34 -0500
Subject: Re: lib snert compile error gcc 3.3.5

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Aaron Berg wrote:
> Using gcc 3.3, Berkeley db 4.2, and sendmail 8.13. I ran ./configure
> distclean first. Then a straight ./configure and make. On make the
> following error occured.
>

> Cache.c: In function `CacheBdbOpen':
> Cache.c:330: error: `DBTXN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Cache.c:330: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Cache.c:330: error: for each function it appears in.)
> Cache.c:330: error: parse error before "name"
> make[1]: *** [Cache.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/com/snert/src/lib/util'
> make: *** [build] Error 1
>
> Failing on this line:
> rc = db->open(db, DBTXN name, (const char *) 0, DB_HASH,
> DB_CREATE|DB_NOMMAP, 0);
>

> This is on a fresh debian Sarge built box. Has anyone else seen this
> type of error? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

This is a pet peeve of mine for Debian and most other Linux distros.
With the size of hard disks these days, I do not understand WHY these
distros insist on leaving out the header files one might need to build
source distributions.

A fresh Debian machine does NOT include the Berkeley DB include files.
You must first get the matching headers for your library before you can
configure LibSnert and the milter.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search