[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 406
From: Joe Matuscak
Date: 2005-03-21 12:42:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Whitelist problem with milter-spamc?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Anthony Howe wrote:

> Joe Matuscak wrote:
>> I do have the stock (on Fedora anyway) lines in my access file for
>> localhost:
>>
>> # by default we allow relaying from localhost...
>> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
>> localhost                       RELAY
>
> That is so broken, because you will be matching based on the doamin
> after the @ sign, not on the IP localhost IP address. Bet you're marked
> down as an open-relay some where.

Well I don't think so. I run open relay tests periodically, and they have
all come up negative. I just re-ran the njabl.org test which was negative
and requested an ordb.org test as well. When I do a manual SMTP
conversation with a "mail from: <root@localhost.localdomain>" to something

outside my domains, it gets a "550... Relaying denied" response.

> The correct way to do it is first remove the above lines then say:
>
> Connect:127.0.0.1		RELAY
>
> That will let you send mail from the machine itself.

That does indeed make milter-spamc scan the mail claiming to come from
root@localhost.localdomain.

Thanks,

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation