[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 405
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-21 11:26:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Whitelist problem with milter-spamc?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Joe Matuscak wrote:
> I do have the stock (on Fedora anyway) lines in my access file for
> localhost:
>
> # by default we allow relaying from localhost...
> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> localhost                       RELAY

I would recommend the following settings for localhost:

Connect:127.0.0.1                       RELAY
GreetPause:127.0.0.1                    0
ClientRate:127.0.0.1                    0
ClientConn:127.0.0.1                    0

Do not use "localhost", "localhost.localdomain", or
"localhost.localhost" by name, because it will open you up to being an
open relay and as soon as the spammers figure out that Fedora is
configured that way I bet there will lots of problems with open-relay
once more.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search