[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 394
From: Joe Matuscak
Date: 2005-03-16 13:39:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Problem with RFC2821 address check.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Anthony Howe wrote:

> Not until the next release. I've modified the code in LibSnert 1.41
> before Xmas for parameters to parsePath() (strictSyntax, strictLength),
> but I've not released it. It won't be a command line option, probably a
> compile time flag.

OK, thanks.  Any speculation on when you might release it?

> I'm amazed at software that fails to adhere to a well known and
> important RFCs such as 821 and 2821. How can developers fail to
> understand a BNF grammar? Too bad the title "Software Engineer" is not
> regulated like other professional engineering titles. Must be Windows
> based software.

Heh. Yes, they are windows applications. In defense of one of them, the
broken piece was a separate little SMTP engine for a specific problem
alert, their main smtp code worked properly. I emailed them about the
problem on Saturday and got a fix for that one this morning.

Thanks again,

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road