[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 382
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2005-03-09 15:28:11 -0500
Subject: Milter-Date (0.12 (beta)) AccessDB white listing problem...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi, I'm having a slight problem with Milter-Date 0.12 (beta) in that I don't think it is
honoring AccessDB white listing in any form.  I presently have the following entries in
/etc/mail/access:

--------------------------------------
Milter-Date-From:user@domain.tld    ok
user@domain.tld ok
@domain.tld	ok
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ok
Milter-Date-From:eee.fff.ggg.hhh    ok
--------------------------------------

Where user@domain.tld is the email address of my client's customer that is trying to send
to my server from the ip of aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.  eee.fff.ggg.hhh is the ip address of my
system that I used for testing.  When I have my client's customer try to send an email to
any email address on my server they get a bounce stating "550 5.7.1 time travel
between hops".  In an effort to try to identify which system in the email route had
the incorrect time I tried adding the 1st line above to my access db and then do
"makemap /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access" as is standard for the access
db.  When my client's customer subsequently tries sending an email to me directly for
testing purposes they still get the "...time travel between hops" message.  As
such I tried setting my clock on my system ahead by two hours and seeing if I did get a
bounce message stating that my clock was off "550 5.7.1 message is from the future,
please check your computer's date, time, and time-zone" and I did
.  Thus I knew that I could try testing a white list of my self.  The test to white list
my self with an ip of eee.fff.ggg.hhh still bounced with the same message of
"...message is from the future..." thus leading me to the conclusion that I made
an error white listing my self or that white listing is not working correctly.

Any insight or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Grant Taylor
Systems Administrator
Riverview Technologies Inc.

gtaylor@riverviewtech.net