[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 372
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-03 03:35:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-ahead gives "rejectE0 4.7.1 Recipient denied"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Joe Matuscak wrote:
> We had a problem yesterday with one of our internal systems that
> milter-ahead checks with for valid recipients. During the time the problem
> occurred, a particular user was recieving mail and milter-ahead logged:
>
> Milter: to=<xxx@xxx.xxx>, reject=451 4.7.1 server [xxx.xxx.xxx] for
> <xxx@xxx.xx> does not accept <> address as required by RFC 821, 1123,
> 2505, and 2821
>
> After this point, even after the destination server had been fixed,  mail
> destined for that user recieved:
>
> Milter: to=<xxx@xxx.xxx>, reject=450 4.7.1 Recipient denied

Milter-ahead caches its results, the default being one week. See -c
option. There is no means to delete a bad entry from the cache. You'd
have to write a script to read the .db and remove it.

Alternatively, the quick solution is to is to stop milter-ahead, delete
the cache, then start milter-ahead. Deleting the milter-ahead cache is
not critical, since its purpose is just to improve speed by avoiding
repeated connections to the internal host for a know result.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search