[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 352
From: Joe Matuscak
Date: 2005-02-18 17:01:35 -0500
Subject: Miler-ahead & milter-spamc on Fedora Core 3 SMP systems?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm in the process of upgrading our mail servers and I've been
experimenting with milter-ahead and milter-spamc. So far I'm quite
impressed by both of them.

The new systems will be running Fedora Core (3 at the moment) on dual
processor Compaq DL380s.  Fedora has the newer flavor of gcc that does not
support the -fvolatile switch. In an earlier discussion on this list it
was mentioned that the -fvolatile switches fixed a problem that occured on
SMP systems.  I've been running the milters on a test system just
handling mail for myself and a couple others. So far, everything has
behaved fine, but I'm wondering if that will continue when the system is
handling most of my mail traffic.

Anyone using the milters on an SMP system?

How are they behaving?

How likely am I to see a problem?

Thanks,

Joe Matuscak