[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 349
Date: 2005-02-18 01:43:09 -0500
Subject: Re: user account fishing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe schrieb:,

> This one has been around for a while and I never found it effective. One
> second isn't enough and I would prefer to configure a much longer
> interval, but there is no option for it stupidly enough given how many
> options there are in sendmail.

yes, but there is a comment why this is the case:

	**  Don't use exponential backoff for now.
	**  Some servers will open more connections
	**  and actually overload the receiver even
	**  more.

> > FEATURE(`greet_pause', `5000')dnl 5 seconds
>
> This one feature of 8.13 I really do like. I used it with 15 and 9
> seconds and found it really effective too. Too bad it can't be a random
> number between a configurable range just to throw spam software writers
> really off.

A full randomizer wuould be nice.  But You can change the default
within your access.db.  A samll program coud write to access.db
and change the value every couple of minutes.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]

Lists Index Date Thread Search