[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 339
From: Aaron Berg
Date: 2005-02-17 10:22:47 -0500
Subject: Re: user account fishing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

That information is interesting. This would explain why I have found
milters that allow you to do regular expressions on the recieved
messages as the come in and before they get to sendmail.

One idea might be to just keep a log of valid email addresses in a
specified database. Then just autoblacklist ip's for some period of time
after they have tried too many non-valid addresses. But it seems like
this would be more work then is needed. Could the milter just parse
passwd and virtusertable for valid email addresses just like sendmail
does? Where there is a will there is a way.
-Aaron

--
Aaron Berg
VoyageurWeb Engineering