[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 330
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-02-13 11:05:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Ilegal instruction error when executing milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Aaron Berg wrote:
> Correct it goes boom right after execution and posting the pid/gid to
> log/messages. Another interesting thing is that it was trying to use pid
> 51 every single time it is executed. Now pid 51 happens to be free and
> the moment but that isn't alway a for certain thing.
> -Aaron

At the end of milter-ahead configuration script, what are the default
run user and group? milter or smmsp? Older versions used smmsp, but some
security oriented people don't like doubling up on the use of process
accounts and groups, so I created "milter" user and group. Were these
created during the install?

Failing that you could use the old ids, smmsp, by specifying:

	cd com/snert/src/milter-ahead
	./configure --enable-run-user=smmsp --enable-run-group=smmsp
	make clean build

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search