[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 322
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-02-11 01:00:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-ahead will not compile with gcc 3.2

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Aaron Berg wrote:
> Using version gcc 3.2 and make version gnu make 3.79.1 libsnert
> configures and makes without any problems. Milter-ahead gives errors
> starting with the following. The file does exsist at
> usr/src/sendmail-8.12.11/include/libmilter/mfapi.h. My guess is that the
> configure script isn't setting the location of where the sendmail source
> is located properly. I have not been able to figure out where it sets

It does NOT locate the sendmail source, the configure script tests for
the presence of the installed library and headers in standard locations.
You have to *install* libmilter first. This is clearly outlined in the
documentation under Installation step 2.

> that. Also of note that I have been able to configure and compile the
> exact same setup on a different box that is running the same version of
> make but running gcc 2.96. Does anyone have any hints for me? Thanks in
> advance,
> Aaron
>
> gcc -DMILTER_BUILD=`cat BUILD_ID.TXT` -DMILTER_BUILD_STRING='"'`cat
> BUILD_ID.TXT`'"' \
> -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I../../include -g -Wall -fvolatile
> -I/usr/local/include  -L../../lib -L/usr/local/lib -o milter-ahead
> milter-ahead.c -ldb-4.1 -lsnert -lmilter -lpthread -lrt
> In file included from milter-ahead.c:112:
> *../../include/com/snert/lib/mail/smf.h:15:29: libmilter/mfapi.h: No
> such file or directory*

Try first installing libmilter, then build libsnert followed by the milter.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search