[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 308
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-01-17 15:40:44 -0500
Subject: Re: weird behavior during callback

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Willi Burmeister wrote:
> a friend of mine was sending me an email. milter-sender did a callback and
> my syslog did not show anything unusual. The syslog from the sending MTA
> shows this:
>

>>Jan 11 22:43:14 client_ipv4=134.245.252.9, client_name=eden.cs.uni-kiel.de.
>>Jan 11 22:43:15 mail=<>
>>Jan 11 22:43:15 rcpt=<AC4@dom.ain>
>
>                         ^^^

Read the 2nd paragraph of the MxAcceptsAllAction option which briefly
mentions what is going on:

http://www.milter.info/milter-sender/index.shtml#MxAcceptsAllAction

This previous article on the topic of grey-listing in milter-sender also
decribes what you are seeing:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2004-11/236

The address you highlighted above, <AC4@dom.ain>, is ment to be an
intentionally false address based on a permutation of the sender's
address. milter-sender during the same connection, tests two addresses,
one supposedly false, the other the sender under consideration. In
message #236 I discuss in more detail why and how these tests are used.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search