[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 303
From: Barry Quiel
Date: 2005-01-10 05:30:23 -0500
Subject: trouble compiling libmilter 1.40

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Is anyone else having trouble compiling libmilter 1.40 on Solaris 8 or
is just me?  I suspect its just me.  It is a linker error to a library
that it can't find. I don't know the libraries well enough to know which
library it is.  Here is the error:

gcc -D_REENTRANT -g -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/tmp/milter/com/snert/include
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
-L/tmp/milter/com/snert/lib -owhere-are-you where-are-you.c
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
sendto                              /var/tmp//ccOnbEQC.o
socket                              /var/tmp//ccOnbEQC.o
recvfrom                            /var/tmp//ccOnbEQC.o
setsockopt                          /var/tmp//ccOnbEQC.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to where-are-you
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [where-are-you] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/milter/com/snert/src/tools'
make: *** [build] Error 1

If I has to guess I would say libsocket, but that library is in
/usr/local/lib and is "found" when running configure.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Lists Index Date Thread Search