[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 297
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-12-25 08:01:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Unexpected EOF error in mail log

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kyle Harris wrote:

> Yesterday I implemented milter-sender on my MTA (Sendmail 8.12.10) and
> so far, so good.  However, I have been receiving a lot of the following
> errors in my mail log:
>
> Dec 21 08:32:31 MyServerName milter-sender[1677]: 00272 iBLEW7G9004378:
> unexpected EOF from SMTP server

Not sure what might cause this. It might be a case where the server
milter-sender attempts to contact drops the connection intentionally,
either because it things you're a spammer or it itself is a spammer.

Either way, if the mail looks like its coming from someplace your might
want to talk to, white list it. If you had more log info like

	-v info,trace
or
	-v info,trace,dialogue

then I could see more of whats going on. Like the domain and/or MX that
is being contacted and test it manually.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search