[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 285
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-12-22 11:45:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Can't compile LibSNERT ?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Randy Johnson wrote:
> configure:2105: checking for C compiler default output file name
>
> configure:2108: gcc -oconftest  -D_REENTRANT -g -Wall -fvolatile
> conftest.c  >&5
>
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fvolatile"

gcc 3.4 removed the -fvolatile option claiming that it doesn't work as
expected with gcc 3.x. I have not yet gone through all the source to
apply volatile declarations as required.

The simple solution for now is to modify the configure.in script and
remove all references to "-fvolatile", run "autoconf -f configure.in",

and then run configure as before.

The application of -fvolatile was in an effort to solve some problems
pertaining to SMP kernels. In most cases its removal should be safe. An
update is being prepared to tag what is necessary to tag with the
volatile keyword, just in case the milter resumes crashing on SMP kernels.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search