[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 275
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-12-08 05:30:49 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-ahead: is not a defined route, skipping

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Marcus Schopen wrote:
> milter-ahead creates a "rcpt_host='recieve_mx_host.tld.' is not a defined
> route, skipping" for all outgoing emails. Outgoing mails are running from
> internal Mailserver dude [192.168.1.2] to mailgateway vernon [192.168.1.1 /
> 194.95.224.194].
>
> /etc/mail/access for vernon:
> 127                                             RELAY
> Connect:192.168.1.2                  RELAY
> [...]

milter-ahead does not refer to the access database when it comes to
verifying the recipient. It makes use of the {rcpt_host} macro given to
it by Sendmail. If there is a mailertable entry of the form:

	snert.com	esmtp:[pop.snert.net]

then for all mail to snert.com, a call-ahead to pop.snert.net is
performed to verfiy if the recipient address is known. If you omit the
square brackets or have no mailertable entry for snert.com, then
milter-ahead gives the above mentioned error message (it does not
perform MX lookups).

If you are using the -n option, then there is a minor bug related to
this that was reported last week by Andreas Thienemann and fixed for the
next release:

In filterRcpt(), change the if statement:

     /* BY-PASS if the MX needs to be looked up. */
     if (*rcpt_host != '[') {

     /* BY-PASS if the MX needs to be looked up. */
     if (forceNextHop == NULL && *rcpt_host != '[') {

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search