[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 267
From: Eric Sauvageau
Date: 2004-12-03 12:41:51 -0500

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi,

One of my customer who's hosted by a major ISP here (Bell's business
services) is plagued by occasional temporary failures by Bell's SMTP:

linux sendmail[32099]: iB3Ge8u8032099: Milter: to=<customer@domain>,
reject=450 4.7.1 Recipient denied

Problem is, even tho these issues usually last for only a few mins, they
end up cached by milter-ahead, so customer has to either wait for the
cache entry to expire, or hope that I notice it in time so I can get
milter-ahead's cache flushed manually.

I see three possible ways to go around this:

1) Disabling cacheing
2) Whitelisting that whole domain from milter-ahead
3) Disabling negative cacheing

Right now only 1) is possible, am I right?  If anyone has any suggestion
on 2) and 3) I'm interested.

Thanks!

--
Eric Sauvageau