[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 237
From: Dave Close
Date: 2004-11-06 23:05:06 -0500
Subject: White listing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

My milter-sender installation has been running fine for months. Recently,
I added a remote system which wants to send mail to me. However, it does
not accept mail for anyone; port 25 is closed. The outgoing mail is just
a status report once per day and I don't ever want to send mail back.

Milter-sender is greylisting this site; my log shows "4.7.1 Please try
again later". As all callbacks will fail, I'm unclear on why the milter
isn't just giving a 5xx response. However, what I want is to permit this
sender. I can't seem to make a white list entry work.

Here's what I've put into the access data base:

  host.domain            OK
  user@host.domain       OK
  From:host.domain       OK
  From:user@host.domain  OK

What's the proper way to force a white list for a single sender?

       Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave@compata.com              dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu
       "Political campaigns are the graveyard of real ideas and
       the birthplace of empty promises." -- Teresa Heinz Kerry

Lists Index Date Thread Search