[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 233
From: Ricardo Kirkner
Date: 2004-11-05 08:49:37 -0500
Subject: milter-sender greylisting

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi. I just have a doubt... Milter-sender's greylisting works like the
original greylisting technique, right? (this means, it checks the triple
mail_from,rcpt_to,relay_ip for existance in order to determine if it
should greylist the entry or not)

I ask this, because I am detecting some mails that pass on right through
the milter, although they should be greylisted, since they are the first
mails that are sent from a specific relay.

I tested this myself sending me mail from a machine I never sent mails
between two specific account (i.e. the triple should not be found
already in the cache). Nevertheless my mails get through right away, and
are not being temp rejected.

On the other hand, in my logs I see some mails that are getting
greylisted, so I know it is working (sometimes :-))

Can anyone give me some insight on how I should look what is going on?
(I cannot see much in the log files, since I receive so much mail, that
turning debugging on is quite a nightmare)

with regards

ricardo

Lists Index Date Thread Search