[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 232
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-30 03:55:11 -0400
Subject: Re: pre-greeting traffic?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca wrote:

> I would like to ask whats a pre-greeting traffic that milter-sender is
> rejecting?

milter-sender does not have a "pre-greeting traffic" message. That
message comes from sendmail 8.13 when using the FEATURE(`greet_pause').

The sendmail FEATURE(`greet_pause') will reject a connection that sends
any commands to the mail server before sendmail sends the 220 welcome
message. This disrupts some spamware that pipelines the SMTP output and
ignore reading SMTP responses from the MX.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search