[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 211
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-21 16:51:55 -0400
Subject: Re: How Can I get around this?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Upwood, Jim wrote:

> Thanks for all the input, but I never really found a solution.  This
> mainframe, I know, does not have mx records, or anything in dns for that
> matter.  It is a "state-run" site which we NEED to receive mail from in
> order to do business.  The actual domain name is LBDC.STATE.NY.US  and
> IP is
> They say they set it up this way because, being directly connected to
> the inet from their mainframe, they don't want anyone e-mailing that IP,
> so they figured this was the best way to hide it.  I know, I know, we
> would have set it up right.  Unfortunately, I can't walk into Albany's
> server room and tweak it, so I'm forced to fix it on my side.  I went
> back to using spamass-milt, but it has minor issues with Sa3.x
> I REALLY want to go back to using milter-spamc, I'm not great with
> modifying the source to create a patch (*yet*), can anyone help?

Actually yesterday, I implemented a fix for this (in addition to adding
parsing code for IPv6 addresses - yes sometime soon I'll actually get
around to having IPv6 support throughout). You're welcome to try the
pre-release libsnert-1.41 which contains it.

Please note that this is NOT an official release and therefore the
distribution is subject to change. Please read the change log. This
library should replace 1.40 without issue.

Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:
7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search