[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 203
From: Gib Gilbertson Jr.
Date: 2004-10-20 19:26:00 -0400
Subject: [SIQ] 048 Re: Re: Sendmail errors

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi Mike.

At 02:44 PM 10/20/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
>More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> > 220 xxx.xxx.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11/8.13.1; Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:58:48
> > +1000 (EST)
> >
> > Is there version number for sendmail correct? I did install sendmail from
> > the ports collection, before installing Sendmail 8.13.1 I did a make
> > deinstall of Sendmail 8.12.11
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > gib
>
>It looks like you forgot to stop and restart the sendmail process.
>The first version string is the binary, and the second is the config
>file.
>
>-Mike Elliott

I tried another make deinstall for sendmail from the ports tree, then
checked and the sendmail binary was still in /usr/sbin so I deleted it, the
did a make install for sendmail-8.13.1 linked the binary in /usr/local/sbin
to /usr/sbin and started Sendmail and things work fine now.

The only thing I don't really understand is where the O
Milter.macros.eom={msg_id} in the sendmail.cf file is coming from.

Thanks for all your help.

gib

--

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.