[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 200
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-20 18:01:15 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-sender: Whitelist MX?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> I want to whitelist some MX servers from CallBack but I think
> milter-sender only checks for Blacklisting (only checks "REJECT" in
> access.db).

milter-sender does respect OK/RELAY entries in access.db

> Is it possible to have a new prefix "milter-sender-mx:" to
> white-/blacklist MX for callback?

Not needed. If you read the documentation:

	lynx index.shtml

you will see that there are many ways to white or black list a
connection or message in milter-sender (and others).

Many of my milters support:

milter-xxx-connect:
milter-xxx-from:
milter-xxx-to:

where xxx is the milter name. Also the milters typically recognise the
sendmail tags for connect:, from:, and to: and their untag variants.

So there is a variety of choice.

I've had to say in a sendmail.mc file, because of some virus:

connect:192.168.1			RELAY
milter-spamc-connect:192.168.1		HATER

This says to sendmail its ok to relay, but that milter-spamc should
still filter. The other milter have similar tags. Normally the connect:,
from:,or to: tags are enough and sufficient except in unusual cases
where a virus gets into your local network an d you need to some how
block it or some other a-hole from abusing your machines.

Anthony Howe
(music in Monaco is cool even when tired)

Lists Index Date Thread Search