[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 199
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-20 17:33:14 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-sender cache structure

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Ricardo Kirkner wrote:

> I am trying to find about the structure of the cache file that is used
> by milter-sender. I know it is a hash, and that the key to the hash
> seems to be the triple relay_ip|mail_from|rcpt_to, but I cannot guess

The key triple can actually vary depending on the MxAcceptsAllAction in
milter-sender or the -k option for milter-gris.

> what the data for this key is...

It is typically a binary entry and defined by the CacheEntry structure
in the source code. For milter-sender, there has been at least one
contributed Perl script to dump the cache. See

	contrib/milter-cachedump.pl

The actually stucture is clearly defined in the milter-sender.c source
file near the top. Look for CacheEntry (I think).

> Does anyone know about the internal structure of the cache.db file? (I
> am trying to write a small program that will let me access to this data,
> so I can query the db and find out which entries it contains)

Look in the milter-xxxx/contrib directory. Many of the contributed files
are included with all of my milters (since I share alot of similar code
between my milters). The milter-cachedump.pl though really relates to
milter-sender (maybe milter-gris too). It was contributed by a regular
bug-reporter, Chris M. Miller, and has been updated and should reflect
current milter constants.

If it doesn't, please let myself or Chris know (though his address might
not be generally available).

Anthony Howe
(tired in Monaco)

Lists Index Date Thread Search