[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 197
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-20 16:50:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Debugging milter-bcc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

John Poltorak wrote:

> Actually no. The socket file is created OK by the startup script, it just
> happens to be in a different place.

The start-up file and the sendmail.mc MUST agree on the location of this
file otherwise all bets are off.

> I'm not sure if the online docs showing the required code for
> milter-bcc.mc are a deliberate mistake - they don't actually correspond
> with the sample .mc file which shows the correct location of the file.

There can be mistakes since I use a Linux framework for a lot of things,
so FreeBSD have to "translate" for different conventions. I am sensitve
to such matter and try and correct my scripts for platform differences.
Volker Stolz knows (or should :-) I've merged alot of the FreeBSD
"patches" into the base code such that I hopeone day that there are no
patches.

>>>What do I need to do to correct that?

Make sure the pathname given to the milter-bcc startup script is the
same as that of the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() macro for milter-bcc.

>>Make sure the milter-bcc application is running when Sendmail wants to
>>access it.

Anthony Howe
(in Monaco)

Lists Index Date Thread Search