[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 192
From: Jeff Groves
Date: 2004-10-20 11:40:48 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-sender: Whitelist MX?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:

>Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
>More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
>Hi,
>
>I want to whitelist some MX servers from CallBack but I think
>milter-sender only checks for Blacklisting (only checks "REJECT" in
>access.db).
>
>Is it possible to have a new prefix "milter-sender-mx:" to
>white-/blacklist MX for callback?
>
>Regards,
>
>Sebastian

Is this what you're looking for?  This is from examples for
milter-sender configuration:

# Exclude stupid Yahoo mail lists that incorrectly assume
# that any message received is a bounce message.

In this example, milter-sender won't do a call-back to
returns.groups.yahoo.com, because that email server is set up to disable
the provided "from:" address (which is actually an encoded version of
the list member's email address) if it gets ANY kind of request
concerning that encoded email address.

Would someone validate my answer to Sebastian?

Thanks,

Jeff G.

Lists Index Date Thread Search