[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 183
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-19 04:45:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Sendmail errors

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:

> I've installed Sendmail 8.13.1 on a test FreeBSD 4.10 box. I have added
> Milter-ahead, ClamAV-Milter, and FEATURE(`greet_pause',`90000') plus all
> the usual features, access.db, mailtertable, virtusertable, etc. and ran m4
> to generate a new sendmail.cf file. I then tried to start Sendmail.
>
> After trying to start Sendmail I get an error message as follows:
>
> 554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 591: milter_set_option: invalid
> Milter option macros.eom
>
> I comment out the line in sendmail.cf
>
>     O Milter.macros.eom={msg_id}

This does not come from my suggested milter configuration, particularly
since milter-ahead doesn't need any extra macros other than the defaults.

> and Sendmail starts fine, and seems to operate as it should. I've done a
> google search trying to find an answer to this question and can't find any
> messages stating other people are having this problem.
>
> The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the
> FEATURE(`greet_pause',`90000'). Could this be related in some way to the
> problem? Incompatability between Milter-ahead and greet_pause?

No. But make sure you declare

	FEATURE(`greet_pause',`90000')

after

	FEATURE(access_db)

so you should have something like:

	FEATURE(access_db, hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access)
	FEATURE(`greet_pause', `90000')

This is mentioned in the change log for Sendmail 8.13.1.
BTW 90 seconds might be just a bit long, especially if you don't use
have a MSP daemon. You may want to add also to the access database:

GreetPause:127.0.0.1    		0
GreetPause:your.ip.here			0
GreetPause:or.domain.in.ptr		0

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search