[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 182
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-19 04:17:38 -0400
Subject: Re: How Can I get around this?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard Stevenson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Anthony Howe wrote:
>>Upwood, Jim wrote:
>>

>>>This Mainframe is sending e-mail with the from as this:
>>>
>>>@LBDRSCS.LBDCVM.STATE.NY.US:VMMAIL@LBDC.STATE.NY.US
>>
>>Looking at `Path' and `A-d-l', it does appear valid and that I've
>>overlook it (believing it to be obsecure rare cases).
>

> You're still overlooking something: LBDRSCS.LBDCVM.STATE.NY.US doesn't
> exist (dig returns an authoritative NXDOMAIN).  In fact,
> lbdcvm.state.ny.us doesn't exist.  Even if you parse the route address,
> you might have to continue to reject the message because the routing is
> broken.

Ugh. Well that might answer Jim's original problem, but doesn't excuse
my milters from the need to recognise and handle the syntax.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search