[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 180
From: Richard Stevenson
Date: 2004-10-18 16:44:01 -0400
Subject: Re: How Can I get around this?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Anthony Howe wrote:

> Upwood, Jim wrote:
>
>> This Mainframe is sending e-mail with the from as this:
>>
>> @LBDRSCS.LBDCVM.STATE.NY.US:VMMAIL@LBDC.STATE.NY.US
>
> Looking at `Path' and `A-d-l', it does appear valid and that I've
> overlook it (believing it to be obsecure rare cases).

You're still overlooking something: LBDRSCS.LBDCVM.STATE.NY.US doesn't
exist (dig returns an authoritative NXDOMAIN).  In fact,
lbdcvm.state.ny.us doesn't exist.  Even if you parse the route address,
you might have to continue to reject the message because the routing is
broken.

Cheers

Richard

--
Richard Stevenson : UNIX/Linux/Networking/Security Geek : 025-285-5873

You can have it done quickly / done properly / done inexpensively.  Choose
any two.
     -- Unknown

Lists Index Date Thread Search