[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 178
Date: 2004-10-18 14:58:26 -0400
Subject: Re: socket error on FreeBSD 4.10

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

=?utf-8?Q?Jos=C3=A9_Carlos_da_Silva?= schrieb:,

> I've installed Milter-Sender 0.62 over my previons FreeBSD installation
> compiled with Berkeley DB 4.2 and it was not that difficult to make, using
> the instructions on your website.
>
> Besides this, I was not able to properly compile SendMail from FreeBSD
> ports to use this Berkeley DB version successfully.

SendMail from FreeBSD ports compiles with every Berkeley DB version.
But if you use any other version than DB 1.85, you must configure
your system in make.conf to use the port version of each tool.

> Is it possible for you to help us (FreeBSD ports users) with a howto on
> how to install Milter-Sender on FreeBSD using most of the components
>  from the ports (like Sendmail and BDB)?

I suggest to build sendmail without an extra berkley db installed.
Then you build milter-sender with the db of your choice.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]

Lists Index Date Thread Search