[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 174
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-18 14:30:14 -0400
Subject: Re: socket error on FreeBSD 4.10

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> I am also a FreeBSD ports user.
>
> I've installed Milter-Sender 0.62 over my previons FreeBSD installation
> compiled with Berkeley DB 4.2 and it was not that difficult to make, using
> the instructions on your website.
>
> Besides this, I was not able to properly compile SendMail from FreeBSD
> ports to use this Berkeley DB version successfully.
>
> As a result, Milter-Sender was not able to use Sendmail access.db and
> mailertable.db which are very important files for Milter-Sender to work.

Actually only access.db. Aliases and mailertabe factor in via sendmail,
but currently none of my milters need to access those directly.

> So, I decided to come back to Milter-Sender 0.61 from FreeBSD ports and
> disable to GREY Listing features of Milter-Sender, which made it stop
> to fail so continuously.

:(

> Is it possible for you to help us (FreeBSD ports users) with a howto on
> how to install Milter-Sender on FreeBSD using most of the components
>  from the ports (like Sendmail and BDB)?

I could and may have to if I'm going to get FreeBSD people to stop using
BDB 1.85. Even Keith Bostic, a friend of mine, who wrote BDB has tried
very hard to get FreeBSD to update even just to 3.3.

Volker Stolz was working with the FreeBSD maintainer of the Sendmail
port to try and achieve this (builds with BDB 4.2.52). Not sure what the
result was.  Volker?

I know I've done it for my old Cobalt Qube 1 (a MIPS machine, not Intel
for once) and its not so hard and I did it from source distributions
only. Its actually easier to build sendmail from source with BDB than it
is to go to all the effort to create a /usr/port.

Anyways, I'll see what I can do in the coming weeks. I'm a little
pre-occupied just now trying to meet a deliverable.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search