[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 173
From: <jcds@jcds.net>
Date: 2004-10-18 13:39:00 -0400
Subject: Re: socket error on FreeBSD 4.10

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:22:35 +0200, Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:

> Its most likely the milter is hung or crashed, because of the BDB 1.85
> based cache. Its a know issue that I have not found a solution for other
> than to implement the hash/flatfile cache as default for *BSD. Also
> there have been other improvements with 0.62.

Dear Anthony,

I am also a FreeBSD ports user.

I've installed Milter-Sender 0.62 over my previons FreeBSD installation
compiled with Berkeley DB 4.2 and it was not that difficult to make, using
the instructions on your website.

Besides this, I was not able to properly compile SendMail from FreeBSD
ports to use this Berkeley DB version successfully.

As a result, Milter-Sender was not able to use Sendmail access.db and
mailertable.db which are very important files for Milter-Sender to work.

So, I decided to come back to Milter-Sender 0.61 from FreeBSD ports and
disable to GREY Listing features of Milter-Sender, which made it stop
to fail so continuously.

Is it possible for you to help us (FreeBSD ports users) with a howto on
how to install Milter-Sender on FreeBSD using most of the components
 from the ports (like Sendmail and BDB)?

Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos da Silva