[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 170
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-18 12:24:54 -0400
Subject: Re: How Can I get around this?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Roy Badami wrote:

>     Anthony> 	<@A,@B,@C:user@D>
>
>     Anthony> Would imply send mail to A, then A will relay to B, B to
>     Anthony> C, and C handles final hop to D. This is similar to:
>
>     Anthony> 	user%D%C%B@A
>

> I believe that modern practice is to accept route addresses, but to
> silently drop the route, ie to treat <@A,@B,@C:user@D> simply as <user@D>

That would be my choice of solution for milter-sender, but technically
not correct behaviour by RFC 2821 semantics.

> I thought this behaviour was mandated in the RFCs, but I don't have
> time to check just now....

Derek might know. He's into that sort of thing...

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search