[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 90
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-09-24 05:33:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [LFN14080312] milter-spamc setup generating false

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Adam Gibson wrote:
> I may be way off base here but I do not think he is disagreeing with
> overwriting whatever is there, but wants to not add it if the email is
> not detected as spam and maybe removing one if it is there.  That would
> make it behave like spamassassin right?  It sounds like that is what he
> is trying to achieve.
>
> If message is detected as spam:
>    1. if X-Spam-Flag exists then remove it
>    2. add X-Spam-Flag
>
> If message is not detected as spam:
>    1. Do not add X-Spam-Flag
>    2. maybe remove any existing X-Spam-Flag?

I understand very well what is Mr. Frank Heydlauf is asking for, but
he's asking for the wrong reasons. He wants me to change my code to
compensate for the brain-damage configuration of another MTA, based on a
poorly designed configuration recommended on some list or site. I don't
see why I should modify my software for the stupidity of others.

If I change the code, someone else will then come along and say they
rely on the presence of the `X-Spam-Flag: NO' header for special
weightings, statistics, mailbox redirections, or some such.

The correct solution, is to contact the person who suggested the brian
dead Exim configuration and have them correct it.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search