[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 90
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-09-24 05:33:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [LFN14080312] milter-spamc setup generating false

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Adam Gibson wrote:
> I may be way off base here but I do not think he is disagreeing with
> overwriting whatever is there, but wants to not add it if the email is
> not detected as spam and maybe removing one if it is there.  That would
> make it behave like spamassassin right?  It sounds like that is what he
> is trying to achieve.
> If message is detected as spam:
>    1. if X-Spam-Flag exists then remove it
>    2. add X-Spam-Flag
> If message is not detected as spam:
>    1. Do not add X-Spam-Flag
>    2. maybe remove any existing X-Spam-Flag?

I understand very well what is Mr. Frank Heydlauf is asking for, but
he's asking for the wrong reasons. He wants me to change my code to
compensate for the brain-damage configuration of another MTA, based on a
poorly designed configuration recommended on some list or site. I don't
see why I should modify my software for the stupidity of others.

If I change the code, someone else will then come along and say they
rely on the presence of the `X-Spam-Flag: NO' header for special
weightings, statistics, mailbox redirections, or some such.

The correct solution, is to contact the person who suggested the brian
dead Exim configuration and have them correct it.

Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:
7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search