[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 72
From: Brian Somers
Date: 2004-09-22 17:17:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Question about milter-sender

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:07:24 -0400, Ryan Moore <ryan.moore@perigee.net> wrote:
> If the milter detected that the MAIL FROM parameter was one that pointed
> back to itself, it would instead call-ahead on that to find out if the
> from address is correct. Though I suppose this would really have limited
> effectiveness, since it would only stop mail coming from
> bogus-user@domain.com and going to real-user@domain.com.

With the default config however, milter-sender will note that the mail is
not coming from one of domain.com's mx's and will greylist the mail for
10 minutes - usually enough to get spammers to drop it :*)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>

Lists Index Date Thread Search