[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 60
From: April Lorenzen
Date: 2004-09-20 12:14:49 -0400
Subject: milter-ahead action for no response

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I use milter-ahead on a gateway MTA. My question is, does milter-ahead only reject with
"user unknown", if the next MTA is contactable and says that it isn't accepting
delivery for that user?

Or does milter-ahead reject with "user unknown" if the next MTA is down or
temporarily unreachable?

I had a case today where it looked like a user who has existed for months, got into the
milter-ahead cache as unknown. I'm guessing that coincidentally mail came into the gateway
for him at a moment when the connection to the next MTA timed out. After restarting
milter-ahead, mail for him was accepted again.

Thanks,

- April Lorenzen

Lists Index Date Thread Search